How can I determine if myself, a friend, or family member has an alcohol or drug addiction?
Substance addiction to alcohol or other drugs is a result of using substances as an unhealthy coping mechanism due to physical, emotional, mental pain. The following questions will assist you in determining if you, or a friend or family member may have developed a substance dependency to alcohol and/or drugs.
- Has anyone ever suggested you quit or cut back on your drug/alcohol use?
- Has drinking or using affected your reputation?
- Have you made promises to control your drinking or using and then broken them?
- Have you ever switched to different drinks or drugs or changed your using pattern in an effort to control or reduce your consumption?
- Have you ever gotten into financial, legal, or marital difficulties due to using or drinking?
- Have you ever lost time from work because of using or drinking?
- Have you ever sneaked or hidden your use?
- On occasion, do you feel uncomfortable if alcohol or your drug is not available?
- Do you continue drinking or using when friends or family suggest you have had enough?
- Have you ever felt guilty or ashamed about your drinking or using or what you did while under the influence?
- Do you use or drink alone?
- Do you use or drink more than usual when under pressure, angry, or depressed?
- Are you able to drink or use more now without feeling it, compared to when you first started using?
- Have you lost interest in other activities or noticed a decrease in your ambition as a result of your drinking or using?
- Have you had the shakes or tremors following heavy drinking or using or not using for a period of time?
- Do you want to drink or use at a particular time each day?
- Is drinking or using jeopardizing your job?
If you answer “yes” to one or more of the above questions, you may have a problem with abusing alcohol or drugs.
If you answer “yes” to three or more of the above questions we at Sage encourage you to closely evaluate your substance use.
How do I get referred to Sage Health Centre?
Self referrals are welcome to contact us directly; referrals are also co-ordinated by family members, counsellors, employee assistance programs, extended medical programs or physicians.
Do I have to go to Detox first before being eligible for treatment?
Clients are required to abstain from mood altering substances for a minimum of 5 days prior to entering treatment. Medical detox ensures physical safety during an acute withdrawal phase; detox requirements depend on the substance use history including: the substances used and the length and frequency of use. Detoxification requirements are determined during the confidential initial telephone screening and can arranged at no additional charge.
Do I need to have a medical exam and/or a Tuberculosis test done prior to entering treatment?
No. A medical exam and TB test will be performed by one of our resident Physicians upon admission into our program.
How long is the treatment program?
Sage Health Centre offers 28 to 84 days of an abstinence-based residential treatment program depending on client need.
Treatment options are our basic 28 day program; standard 42 day program; recommended 56 day program or our enhanced 84 day program.
How much does treatment cost?
Sage Health Centre is a private agency, that offers self-referred clients and EFAP referral agencies an exceptional value for an exceptional program. Click here to view our fee structure.
What are the accommodations like?
Our home-style facility offers gender specific resident houses that have private and semi-private rooms depending on client/medical needs. Each resident house has it own living room and TV viewing area.
Is food included in the cost of treatment?
Yes, three fresh meals and an evening snack are served buffet style daily; our Red Seal chefs take pride in providing our clients with a balance diet of tasty nutritious meals.
Is smoking allowed at Sage Health Centre?
Yes, smoking is allowed while in treatment. Although this facility does not enforce smoking cessation, options such as Champix, nicotine patches and/or nicotine gum are available upon request. Clients are educated regarding the addiction cycle and are encouraged to discontinue smoking within the first six months of recovery.
Where is Sage Health Center located?
Sage Health Center is located on secluded private property in the heart of Kamloops, BC. Our home style facilities offer semi-private and private rooms is located at:
101 Columbia Street,
Kamloops, BC V2C 2S7
How do I get further information about Sage Health Centre?
For further information about Sage Health Centre, please