Sage Health Centre offers exceptional value for an exceptional program. Our treatment approach focuses on stabilization in early recovery by integrating holistic wellness modalities, 12 step/SMART recovery program concepts, and psycho-educational strategies and skills sets for relapse prevention and continuing care.
All therapeutic groups, individual counselling sessions, and psycho-educational components are presented from a strengths perspective that motivate clients to define and utilize their existing skills and assets which promotes self-empowerment in their recovery process.
While in treatment, clients are integrated into co-ed and gender specific groups that develop an understanding of:
- Post-Acute Withdrawal symptoms – Relapse prevention and individual risk identification
- Process of change while identifying roadblocks and resistance – typical and personal
- Group dynamics, appropriate risk taking in group and appropriate sharing in group setting
- Communication styles and skill development
- Family of origin, family roles and rules
- Anger management and conflict resolution techniques
- Boundaries, personal limits and Co-dependency
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Emotional Intelligence
- Pro-active, integrative bio-psycho-social-spiritual recovery that incorporates the wellness wheel and strategies such as nutritional awareness, appropriate exercise, stress
management and relaxation techniques, mindfulness based relapse prevention and yoga
- Continuing care planning and re-integration into home community
- Identifying recovery related resources in home community
- Introduction to 12 Step/SMART recovery programs
- Enhanced therapy groups offered through 42 to 84 days programs
Individual Counselling Sessions
Clients have access to unlimited gender specific counselling sessions; during the individual sessions, the client’s experience is individualized in order to process core issues and current concerns.
Community Support Development
Clients develop a foundation to assist in maintaining their recovery through cultivating on-going support in the 12 step/SMART programs. They are introduced to the 12 step/SMART recovery programs by attending in-house and off-site community based 12 step meetings, and are encouraged to acquire a temporary sponsor while in treatment. Clients are supported in developing their local support systems by researching and scheduling 12 step/SMART meetings, and connecting with the community resources, and aftercare counselling services that are available in their communities.
Clients are required to see our resident physician while participating in the program and receive a membership pass to the YMCA. They are encouraged to be become pro-active about their health and recovery by engaging in physical activities, eating a balanced nutritional diet, and practicing stress management and relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga. Clients are introduced to daily intentions and reflections, and mindful based relapse prevention techniques that reinforce the principles of the 12 step/SMART programs in living a present focused recovery “one day at a time”.
Informed Consent: Clients are informed of agency policies and guidelines prior to admission and consent to abide the policies and guidelines while in treatment.
Communal Living: Sage offers gender-specific housing and programming that creates a healthy respectful environment. Clients engage in communal living while in treatment and are responsible for the care and upkeep of their personal space and assigned chores that support upkeep of the facility. As taking personal responsibility is paramount in recovery, we encourage clients to take pride and care for themselves and their environment.